Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only training class, Small Adult Manners 1.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $150)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 6 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners 1 class.)
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 dogs
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Tuesdays, March 27 - April 24, 1:30 - 2:30 pm with Kimberlee: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Wednesdays, April 4 - May 2, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Shoshi: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Thursdays, April 12 - May 10, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Dominika: Section is full, only 1 wait list seat remaining.
- Sundays, April 22 - May 20, 10:00 - 11:00 am with Alisha: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Saturdays, April 28 - May 26, 10:00 - 11:00 am with Kimberlee: Register now, 3 seats remaining.
- Mondays, April 30 - June 4 (skips May 28), 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Michelle: Register now, 4 seats remaining.