Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only training class, Small Adult Manners 1.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $150)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 6 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners 1 class.)
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 dogs
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Thursdays, December 14 - January 18 (skips Dec. 28), 5:00 - 6:00 pm with Alisha: Sorry, registration is now closed.
- Thursdays, January 4 - February 1, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Maureen: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Mondays, January 8 - February 5, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Michelle: Register now, 3 seats remaining.
- Fridays, January 12 - February 9, 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Alisha: Register now.
- Sundays, January 14 - February 11, 2:30 - 3:30 pm with Michelle: Register now.